Hello everyone, I won't be posting for at least two weeks. (Not to unusual, I know!) but this time it is because I will be away. I am going up north to work at a Christian youth & family camp. I have worked there two other years also. This year I will be doing anything helpful the first week, which is family camp. I would guess that I will be doing quite a bit of babysitting! I think that's usually what they need a lot of help with for family camp. The next week it the third and fourth graders. I will be working in the kitchen then. I would appreciate your prayers as I jump into this ministry opportunity. It is a ton of fun and I enjoy it a lot, but all of the staff needs to work hard, and set a good example for the campers.
I will catch you up on the last few weeks around here.
Yesterday we went to shots. I only have to go every three weeks now. We also brought about 40 fish to a pet store. Probably about a third were black mollies, the rest were guppies. I give them fish I have raised and they give me store credit. It is a great deal for me since I end up with way to many fish anyhow! We also did a little shopping while we were out.
Tuesday some of us went to my dad's softball game. The game started at 8:30 p.m. We saw lots and lots of mosquitoes! Tuesday was also Joy's half birthday. Since her birthday is Christmas eve we also celebrate her half birthday every June.
Sunday my dad and Daniel went to a train museum since Daniel finished his reading goal for school. The rest of us went up to a town that is an hour away for a close friend of mine's graduation party. I enjoyed that; I saw quite a few people I haven't seen in a few years.
Friday and Saturday my mom was scrap booking. Friday the rest of us went looking at mini vans! Us three older girls went to the Christian library by our house. Saturday my dad actually bought a mini van. His car needed several thousand dollars of work. It started overheating a few weeks ago and it just isn't worth the money to fix it, so my dad bought a new vehicle to drive. It takes him almost an hour to get to work, and with gas being about $4.00 a gallon it costs a lot for him to drive our 15 passenger to work. I will try to post a picture of the new van.
Last week we watched the neighbor's grand kids two days. We went to softball on Tuesday. We went to our friends house on Wednesday. That was fun. My dad helped them with some technical stuff and some of us older girls played a new board game they had.
Well that a long summary of what's been happening around here.
The first picture is a a flooded park. The second is of one of my fish tanks.~Samantha
1 comment:
Oh goodness! *stares at first picture* So much rain! The Hedburg Library parking lot is all over water as well, not to mention on the way to church there's a underpass and a good deal of the neighboring street that's flooded water. You wouldn't know it was a street if it wheren't for the stop sign poking out of it all.
What a great idea giving your fish to the pet store, not to mention a sweet deal.
Post a Comment