Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home again..





Hello everyone, I got home from camp yesterday. I really enjoyed working in the kitchen for the last two weeks. It was hard work, but definitely a good experience! The first week was family camp. I believe the families enjoyed it a lot. The second week was for 3rd and 4th graders. Several of the children accepted Christ so that was exciting to hear! I know many people are blessed by camp. I enjoyed working and hanging out with the other staff. I met some new people and saw some old friends. I stayed up there for the weekend between weeks. On Saturday the director and his wife took a group of staff to Madison for the afternoon and evening. We went to the mall, walked around, saw the capitol, ate pizza, then started driving back to camp. We stopped at Walmart for a little while then started driving again. Then we started hear a strange sound. It was decided that maybe we had flat tire. They pulled over at the next exit, and sure enough, the back left tire was flat. Now we were in a 15 passenger van. Pastor Brad and a couple of the guys had to jack up the van, and put on the spare tire. We stayed a gas station for about 45 minutes. We were thankful that the spare had air in it; we were also thankful that the van didn't have a flat while it was being used for campers. We finally got back to camp at about 11:30 p.m. Never a dull moment! I really enjoyed the trip to Madison though. I don't think I've ever been shopping there, and I don't recall having ever seen the capitol before. Overall I really enjoyed working, and hanging out at camp. I am very thankful to have had this ministry opportunity that I enjoy so much.

Today we went to church, then ate lunch at Wendy's. Later in the afternoon we went over to a neighbor's house to surprise him for his birthday. (He and his wife are the ones we clean for) He turned 91 today! I am amazed every time I think about how long 91 years really is! I mean, he must have been born before both world wars, before the depression-a long time ago!


~Samantha

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I actually found the link to your blog! It looks like you had a great time at camp! Just like I had a great time in Tx, but the downside is that you miss your family. But, my best friend and her family are practically just like my family, so that helped out a lot. I hope y'all are staying well. Can't wait to hear more news from you!

Love Vanessa