Monday, January 07, 2008

Warm weather, rain, tornadoes...

Hello everyone, today it was very warm outside. The temperature reached 61 degrees. The record high for around here (in January) was 60. So I guess we broke that! Then this afternoon. A tornado came around. We all had to go to the basement for awhile. The tornado didn't actually hit us, but it went by about 10 minutes east of us. We are all safe and my dad got home from work safely. He was driving home just as the tornado was going the way he was coming from. He ended up pretty close to where it was, but it didn't quite go where he was driving. We are thankful for that!
Most of the snow has gone away since it has been so warm and rainy. It has rained a lot today. This is not the typical weather for January!
TTYL
~Samantha

1 comment:

Kalani said...

Hi Samantha!
I've been looking for your newsletter for a while so I could check out your blog. Today I was determined to find it and I found it-on top of our encyclopedias!
So it that the picture of the tree frog you were talking about?
By the way, thanks so much for the phone numbers.
Talk to ya later!
Kalani