Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whether Whether Whether Whether Whether You Like It Or Not! Weather Weather Weather Weather Weather Its Cold Or Hot...


Lillian had to wear this hat to stay warm!
Apples, apples, and more apples!

Well we are home from camp. All unpacked and mostly cleaned up! It was a fun weekend. I mostly just helped with meals. We cut and peeled lots and lots of apples from a tree at camp. (Probably at least 6 bushels.) We cut apples until about 10:30 pm. After that two of my sisters and several of my friends and I had a fun playing games until very late. We still got up early the next morning. That is our camp life! Sleep less!
Many, many projects were done while we were there. It was a very productive weekend. Our family stayed in the 'girl's staff' cabin. Saturday morning the water heater rusted out. So the floor flooded and that day they put in a brand new water heater!
I found a few wildflower seeds on Saturday afternoon when I took a hike with a sister and a friend. So now I just need a few more types. (I might have enough, but I'd like to find a few that have flowers with the seeds so I can get a picture of each type of flower for each set of seeds.)
I brought an apron home from camp with me to use as a pattern. If I can find some fabric I like I might sew an apron. That will be a interesting project.
It was very cold while we were at camp. I was mostly warm because I was in the dining hall, but was a cold when we walked around! When we took a hike I had one a long sleeved shirt, a tee shirt and a hoodie. I was warm enough then. The temperature dropped below freezing at night. Here at home our garden, and most flowers are dead now. I was inside so I didn't see it, but it snowed just a little! First flurries of the year October 10! October's record low temperature for up by camp is 11 F. (That was back in 1988) The record high for up there in October is 87 F. Guess this is a colder October!

2 comments:

Alena said...

Oh, Lillian is SO adorable! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at camp :)

Daughter of Eve said...

Lillian is ADORABLE!!! Wish I could hold her. :) Camp sounds like lots of fun. First flurries here too! It's kinda weird! :)