Sunday, February 15, 2009

It has been a long time since I posted. That's not because nothing happened, just because I never actually did it... I will post a lot of what has been going on this year.
We are still waiting for the baby to come. I will post after she is born :)
This past Friday and Saturday I went up to camp and worked in the kitchen for the sweetheart's retreat. I enjoyed seeing a few of my friends who were also working!
The fourth weekend in January I got to go to a concert with several of my friends. They won eight early tickets and asked if I wanted come with. Of course I did!
So their dad drove all eight of us girls down to Peoria IL. We went to Winter Jam '09. The concert was great! And the trip a ton of fun!
I sent in my application to work at camp for a few weeks this summer. My parents told me (at like 11:30 pm) that they are sending me to my grandmom's house (in VA) for several weeks this summer. This is my graduation present. We re-did our bedroom over Christmas break. This is the room I share with Paige and Emily. We painted it light purple on three walls, dark purple on the other wall. I learned how to paint trim and doors. Doors take forever to do... We have cream colored trim and my dad put in a laminate wood floor. We really like it! We gave the primary colored bunk beds to the boys...and ended up with our mattresses on the floor for several weeks. We figured out a way to fit all the furniture with out bunk beds. My dad got two bed frames and me and Paige each have regular twin bed now. I've slept on a regular bed before, but never with a box-spring...Now I know why people say they jump out of bed in the morning. I kind of tumble out of bed in the morning though; I will 'bounce' into my bed :)
I've been doing school, of course. I started an American Government class this semester.
Last week it finally got warm outside; the snow and ice mostly melted. Its cold again now, but at least its not around 0 any more. More like right around freezing. A little snow stuck around threw the warm days, but most is gone. I'm ready for spring; we still have a few more weeks to go though...
Daniel had his birthday in January. My mom's was Friday. Emily's is in March.
Life goes on, everyone wants to eat, the house is a mess, school to be done, laundry duty is mine every three weeks, normal things. :)
I like the colors my blog has been, but I decided to change it. It needs to look lighter, and more colored for spring time. Tell me what you think!
~Samantha

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You update and I don't comment for forever...bad me.

Daughter of Eve said...

Love your new template and colors!!! :D Wait, is it a new template?

~Queen Lucy~