Saturday, August 09, 2008

Trip to VA





Hello everyone, last Wednesday I got home from Virginia. I stayed up there with my grandmom for about a week and a half. We flew in on a Monday. While I was there we went shopping a few times, went to a farmers' market with my cousins, went to Washington D.C. with my Aunt and cousins, and went over to Maryland to visit my great-aunt and some of my second cousins. While we were in D.C. we visited the Lincoln memorial and went to the Smithsonian. We spent lots of time looking for parking spots...Lots of cars and very few parking spots!

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday my cousins spent some time with us. I enjoyed it! The younger one was a baby when I last saw him so I enjoyed getting to know him. We baked cookies, and made a pound cake, and I saw their pet mice, and fish. Sunday we went to my other grandma's house. I really enjoyed seeing her and my aunt and uncle again since I hadn't seen them for a few years. Overall I really enjoyed my trip; I am thankful I had the opportunity to go. Both the flight there and the flight back were good. It was sunny (with some clouds) both times. I got some really cool pictures including this one of the Jefferson memorial
~Samantha

No comments: