Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cold...Windy...Snow...

Hello everyone, yesterday it was a high of 46 outside, then the temperature dropped. We had a low of -4! That's a drastic temp change! Last night it was cold, extremely windy, and it snowed. When I got up this morning there was a snow drift in front of the back door. We only got a few inches of snow, but a lot of the snow off the patio ended up at the back door area I think! It is pretty cold outside still. The snow "crunches" when one steps on it!
My sisters and I have started working for an elderly neighbor couple. We help clean their house. We went for an hour last Friday, and again for almost two hours yesterday. I enjoy helping them out, although it can be a challenge to clean a house that is not yours; cleaning without your "things". It will be good practice for us! Both of the neighbors who we clean for have upright vacuum cleaners. We have canister vacuums here though. After using their uprights I am very convinced that I like canisters a lot better! Canisters are much easier to use and more effective in my opinion!
We had 4-H here on Monday. We usually meet at the town hall but we had to reschedule because of some snow we got on Monday a week ago. We made valentines to hand out at a local nursing home.
TTYL
~Samantha

No comments: