
You'll never guess what! I have baby fish! Yesterday my dad bought me three female velvet red swordtails and the lady at the store said she thought one was pregnant. Swordtails are livebearers so their babies are born able to swim around. They don't lay eggs.
Well when I went to feed them this morning I saw a couple little fish swimming around! We found 11 total. We put a divider in the tank so the other fish wouldn't eat them and we put the mom in a little baby-trap thing. We had to go somewhere so we left at like 10:15 and when we came back at like 2:00 there were like 25 more! So now I have a whole bunch. :) I am soooo excited! This is sooo cool!
I've been wanting to have baby fish for like a year and now I finally have some.
The picture is of a female velvet red swordtail.
I will try and take some pictures of the babies to post.
~Samantha
No comments:
Post a Comment