Across the street is a house. It belongs to a really nice couple, but they don't live there because it isn't finished yet. Dory decided that the garage of this house would be a good place for her kittens. The garage is mostly sealed up except for a few holes here and there; one of these holes is just big enough for Dory to get in and out of. The floor is dirt and there is all kinds of stuff in the garage. A great place for a family of kittens. Since the kittens are across the street I go over there every day and feed Dory a can of cat food. Sometimes the kittens come out when Dory calls them.
Today I was over there and Dory called the kittens out and I was sitting very still watching them. So three little black kittens come out and... Wait a minute! There are three kittens out in the grass and a FOURTH one was peeking its head out of the hole! It took me a minute to realize what this meant. DORY HAS FOUR KITTENS! We thought she only had three so I was pretty surprised! I am so excited about this latest discovery!
When we saw Dory with a kitten following her she was on her way over to where she has the kittens now. She took the kittens over there sometime Wednesday evening after a day at our house. We imagine she had put one kitten over there and had the second one following here when we saw her. So she had a kitten over there all along and we didn't know it! :)
So... There is a slim possibility that she has more than four kittens. I imagine that she only has four but we won't know for sure until they start coming out all the time. If I see more than four at once I will let you know! :)
~Samantha
No comments:
Post a Comment